• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

US mint return policy?

8 posts in this topic

Can someone save me searching through the help section at the mint, and tell me what happens if you order, say, 2 coin sets on one invoice and want to return 1. Must you return the entire order, or can you return just 1 for a refund? I'm assuming the US mint won't cover my return shipping like the royal mint does.

I've returned partial orders before (last year when many of the coins they were shipping were spooning-horrible). On the invoice that comes, you mark what of your order you're returning and why.

Supposedly you can get your shipping back from them, but I never bothered.

Unfortunately, I've become quite proficient at returning mint products. You send back the product, a week or so after they get it, they credit you, a few weeks after that they send you a replacement if you asked for it.

They are pretty good at keeping up with the order status on the mint web site. Just login or create an account if needed, go to order history and look up your order number. It will tell you when they accept the credit, and when they expect to ship it, when they did ship it and the tracking number.

Just don't plan on it taking much less than a month or so to complete.

I've returned partial orders before, last year with all the problems of the San Francisco mint gold commems that arrived rattling around outside the plastic lens. I kept the silver dollars and returned 2 of the gold. Just fill out the form at the bottom of the invoice and use the return label for shipping.

And YES, they will refund your return shipping! You just need to call the phone number after they have received the coins back and tell them the amount of the shipping you spent to return it and they will issue a check a week or two later. Many people do not know this as it's not really publicized on their site.