• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

German Thalers

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone out there collect Thalers/Talers? I'd like to make a "set" of some thalers and 5 mark coins that I inherited.

Any ideas on a good set to start with?

I have a headstart with some from the mid 1800s, so I was thinking of getting some from the german states as they were in the mid 1800s. I wish there was a Dansco album or something, then I could collect to that..

I wish there was a Dansco album or something, then I could collect to that..
It's possible to get custom Danscos made but you need to order like 100 or something. People have been successful taking pre-orders and then selling the rest over time on boards and ebay. Of course, you'd have to foot the up front costs and hold the inventory to get your one album.

Your assuming I know enough to determine what coins should be in this album. I'm really looking for what determines a set of Thalers. There's hundreds of different ones to "collect" from the 15th Century to late in the 19th C.