• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This may be a dumb ? but .....

8 posts in this topic

I have been looking for uncirculated rolls of coins. I want dimes, nickels, cent's. I do not see them anywhere on the mint site and do not want to pay ebay markup prices,does anyone know where I can order them? (shrug)

I asked my bank and they said they do not get uncirculated rolls of small change. Would this be something I might have to go to a bigger town for or do they have to special order these?

The Mint doesn't sell rolls of uncirculated coins.

You need to find a bank that orders rolls of uncirculated coins - many of the larger branches get them from the armored car companies (like Brinks), who get them from the Mint in pallet-sized "bags".

A lot of smaller bank branches get enough coins deposited by their customers so that they don't need to order new coins.

Or, you might check at a larger grocery store or other large store; many of them get their coins in fresh rolls from their armored car companies and a friendly cashier might sell you a roll or two.

I can't say that all our banks do, but I live in a relatively small town-29k pop., and I have always been able to get new rolls of coins in any domination at several of the banks(all branches). I used to do the same, but ran out of time to do so. Good hunting, Harvey.

I asked my bank and they said they do not get uncirculated rolls of small change. Would this be something I might have to go to a bigger town for or do they have to special order these?
I don't know where you live, but in the DC area, I can walk into my bank or any bank and ask them for shotgun rolls from the Fed. In fact, I get the best response from a local PNC bank and I am not even a customer!

If you are in a small town and using a small bank, they may work with a larger bank or clearing house for their transactions. This will not help. You need to work with a bank that works directly with the Fed branch that serves your area.

Good luck!

Scott :hi:

See I think That is the problem I am in wisconsin in a town of 2000 1 bank 1 credit union and neither have them or will get them. Monday I will try one of the bigger banks in Green Bay hopefully they can help. Thanks for the response Scott.