• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GSA Peace Dollar

12 posts in this topic

Hello all. I am researching (As well as looking to purchase) GSA Peace dollars from the GSA Hoard and am in need of some assistance. Does anyone know where I can get more information on the coins/ where to buy them? Populations, market prices, list of known dates, whatever is out there I would love to know. Thank you very much and have a nice day.

I didn't know there were GSA Peace Dollars. Can anyone post a photo?

GSA-1.jpg

Found this one represented in a current on-line auction. Actually, the Peace Dollars were the culls of the Carson City Morgan hoard and packaged along with other circulated or mishandled Morgans, the Peace Dollars came in a blue flat pack and were simply called; NON-CC BLUE PACK

As you can see, the minimum bid was a whopping $3.00

I didn't know there were GSA Peace Dollars. Can anyone post a photo?
I bought one at the ANA National Money Show in Charlotte and wrote about it here. The post includes pictures of the entire package.

Scott :hi:

I didn't know that GSA came in circulated grades. It's a hefty premium to pay for a circ morgan, but still very cool.

Good post!

>I didn't know that GSA came in circulated grades

Quite a few did but the ones that seem to be resold often are the uncirc morgans.

Quite a few did but the ones that seem to be resold often are the uncirc morgans.

Agreed, but now that NGC holders them in PMG-style plastic, I think we'll see a lot more action on these pieces.

1922-006-N53-1.jpg

Agreed, but now that NGC holders them in PMG-style plastic, I think we'll see a lot more action on these pieces.

1922-006-N53-1.jpg

Does the NGC grade guarantee apply to coins in these holders? The similarly packaged NGC graded FDCCs will show up in the pop report and reg set but will not come with the grade guarantee.

Does the NGC grade guarantee apply to coins in these holders? The similarly packaged NGC graded FDCCs will show up in the pop report and reg set but will not come with the grade guarantee.

"Because the coins are not in NGC holders, NGC cannot guarantee the grades it applies to these GSA or U.S. Mint Sealed dollars."

Here's the writeup - Clicky!