• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Sellers: Please Help Us Buyers And Note The Following

33 posts in this topic

It is obvious that (to borrow a phrase), you can please some of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time. I bow out of this discussion asking buyers who have never sold on eBay to try selling for a while and come back with your impressions. Then we'll compare notes.

Q.E.D.

Scott :hi:

You said it. Last year, I sold about 100 items in my collection that I had accumulated over many years that I no longer wanted. The hastle in taking pictures and then mailing much of this stuff out of the country was huge since most of it was low value. I did not know how much trouble was involved in selling until I did it. Do I expect any sympathy? No, I do not but when I do consider selling now, I only buy coins in the $50 range or higher raw that I think can get graded and sold at a big premium (all world coins).

I do not waste my time selling low value material. I recently had an opportunity to obtain a box of about 100 Buffalo Nickels, all 1930's dates in grades of VF-XF or so basically for free. I do not collect them and told my roommate I did not want them. He told me "You could set-up an eBay store." My reply was "Do you actually think I want to waste my time taking pictures and listing all of these items when they will sell for $2." (I know this might sound rude but we talk to each like that all the time. It is all in good fun.)

The point I am trying to make is that this (or slightly more expensive material) is what a substantial number of buyers purchase though I do not know if it applies to many or most of those who have posted here. Different sellers target (I presume) different types of buyers. And what I presume is that they will go out of their way more for their larger than smaller customers if they are any good at what they do. Some of us may not like that but that is just the way it is. And if any of us as a buyer do not like it, we can take our business elsewhere. Being a buyer and an oocsional seller, I still say it is unreasonable to expect some of the requests covered in this post as they have been described.

Here is a good example of why I would like to see the slab. For-Sale-1916-Buffalo-Nickel-NGCA-Graded-MS-63_W0QQitemZ250149135508QQihZ015QQcategoryZ139807QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemhttp://cgi.ebay.com/For-Sale-1916-Buffalo-Nickel-NGCA-Graded-MS-63_W0QQitemZ250149135508QQihZ015QQcategoryZ139807QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

now with less than hour to go, i can't ask any question as to what is Ngca or the photo of the grading company, only thing i can do is pass on this coin.

Here is a good example of why I would like to see the slab. For-Sale-1916-Buffalo-Nickel-NGCA-Graded-MS-63_W0QQitemZ250149135508QQihZ015QQcategoryZ139807QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemhttp://cgi.ebay.com/For-Sale-1916-Buffalo-Nickel-NGCA-Graded-MS-63_W0QQitemZ250149135508QQihZ015QQcategoryZ139807QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

now with less than hour to go, i can't ask any question as to what is Ngca or the photo of the grading company, only thing i can do is pass on this coin.

I think NGCA is Numismatic Guarantee Corporation (of America) or NGC. I think some of the older stickers identified them in that way.