• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it possible to use Conservation Service for the coin graded by NGC?

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a coin graded recently by NGC(MS65).

I want to submit the coin to NCS conservation service for eye appeal condition.

After your conservation process, I want the coin to be submitted consecutively to NGC's reholder service(Option A) or NGC's grading (Option B) .

Please tell me whether the "Option A" is possible or not.

If "Option A" is possible, do you guarantee that the grade(MS65) will be the same or higher?

If "Option A" is Not possible,( I know that "Option B" is possible)

do you guarantee that the grade(MS65) will be the same or higher by "Option B"

My email is arirangya@naver.com

Thank you.

When a coin is submitted for conservation that has been previously certified by NGC, it will first be evaluated. Part of the evaluation is to determine the likelihood of at least maintaining the currently stated grade. If it is determined there is significant risk to the currently stated grade, then the coin will not be conserved. If the evaluators feel the currently stated grade will at least be maintained and conservation will be a benefit to the coin, then the coin will be conserved. Most coins will remain the same grade though their eye appeal will be improved.

Following conservation the coin can either be re-graded by NGC which would be subject to standard NGC grading fees based on the coin's value and type, or the coin could be returned to you raw.

Chris, NCS