• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sending 5 coins to NGC

7 posts in this topic

I just recently join the membership and will be sending 5 coins to get slabed. Can you help me as to which ones you think will get BB.thank you John DSCN0448.jpg[/img] DSCN0444.jpg[/img]

Hard to tell for sure from the images, but if there was one that may get the BB, it would be the 10C in all likelihood. But not seeing them in hand to look for polishing hairlines or other cleaning methods makes it just a guess.

Really hard to tell from those pics, but something about obverse of the $10 Liberty makes me think "rub". Maybe way it seems to have more luster in fields than protected areas around stars. $10 Indian looks sweet though.

Although it's best to view the coins in-person, I think four of the five will grade. Cleaned coins from late 18th and early 19th centuries make it into slabs (albeit at a net grade), but I think the dime has too many hairlines to be slabbed.

The dime is a great album coin as part of a type set.

I took the five coins to another dealer in Seattle and asked for their opinion. They thought that the dime would for sure get body bag, as Mba101 had stated. I replace the dime with a Shield nickel, and now i'm pretty sure i'll get them all slabed. I wanted to add the image of the shield nickel but the Photo bucket is down for maintance.

John