• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Useless NGC Slab trivia:

11 posts in this topic

I know that since they began operations NGC has changed the look of their labels and stickers several times so I came to the following question for all of you who have been collecting and slabbing longer:

Looking at the label and back sticker pictured below, can anyone tell me what year(s) this coin might have been slabbed in?

(I have no idea of the answer since I've only been buying slabbed coins for 2 months).

41620-labels.JPG.0d1b85e2e958c21bcd232861cb5ef4d1.JPG

Looks like a new holder to me. I'd guess you've got a 1958 d Lincoln penny.

I think it is pretty new. I was mostly wondering if anyone knew when they stopped using that sticker design since it's unlike the current slabs.

Your guess as to the date isn't bad, you're close but not right. :)

On my slabs I have that sticker on an 03 kennedy, but I have a 2000-2006 with the bigger sticker so I'm not sure seems like maybe they had some left over's.

edited to add in 93 there was an even smaller sticker on the dime, it's also on the 2000 dime.

Looks like NGC 11.5 to me, used in 2003.

You think so eh? hm

Well I don’t know anything about what it looks like,

But I’ll tell you what it sounds like…

You took one of Spock’s lines from a 1967 episode of Star Trek?!?! don’t ya think?? :insane::olol lol

Come on Chad, come clean...

:kidaround: