• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finally, an 1807

26 posts in this topic

Hey Mike,

Nice coin (thumbs u

There looks to be a lot of luster left on this one---tough on an 07.

I love her face on your coin, nice and smooth and the bird has that luster peeking out from the feathers..I like this one Mike.

This will make a nice addition to your awesome set.

Neat Bustie, and PCGS at that. You must have paid up big time on this one. Current PCGS 55 retail is now $6,350! :cool:

This seemed like a good thread to ask this question since we are on the subject. I have been banging around in my head which direction I want to go with my future coin collecting. I’ve narrowed it down to Franklin Half’s and the Draped Bust’s. Now before I go head over heels with buying to many of these Draped Bust’s, is there any recommended literature to help someone new to these wonderful coins. Thanks in advance for any help.

Lem

If you want to collect Draped Busts, I hope you have very very deep pockets. For starters, the Overton book would have info on all the dates and die pairings/varieties.

I will assume you mean Capped Bust Halfs. Anyhow overton is good and Capped Bust fever. Good luck!

Mike that is a killer coin! Congrats!

I will assume you mean Capped Bust Halfs. Anyhow overton is good and Capped Bust fever. Good luck!

Mike that is a killer coin! Congrats!

Not necessarily, Bruce. There are a few misguided souls who collect DH instead of CBHs. I know, some people are just weird. ;)

I do agree with your thoughts about Mike's 07, though. (thumbs u

Yes I did mean Capped Bust Half's, thanks for the correction Bruce, the Drapped Bust are little out of my league. I have been watching the Capped Bust’s for a while and yes some are very expensive. I’m not after the top of the line and I know that I will never complete this set, but I really like them and I am sure I will enjoy collecting them none the less. Thanks for info. on the books Bruce and okbustchaser.

Wow, that’s a very nice example from the first year of issue, strong even strike and thick skin, you got to love it, that coin has very thing going right with it. :cloud9: