Well, it had been my intent to make a post this week about some progress working on the Venezuelan competitive set - taking some pictures and buying some coins, getting some in the mail, but Monday night Sam had a seizure that would not stop. Which forced us to call an ambulance.
He's been in the hospital, intubated and under heavy sedation for going on 30 hours now. We're waiting to have some final test results soon but maybe they can bring him back up and take out the tube - EEG has been clean. He has an infection but We're waiting to hear if it's in the brain or ear related or if he'll need surgery to drain fluid.
So not the update I wanted to make this week. But it's where I'm at.
After this we'll probably have emergency seizure meds to add to the list of things we carry with us everywhere we go just in case.
His medical history puts him at increased risk for seizure disorders and fibrular (sp?) seizures so this was always on the list of risks.
So far no brain infection. Treating for a blood infection that will keep us here several days. Trying to get the tube taken out.
Officially no brain infection, but it sounds like we're getting an epilepsy diagnosis. Also seems like the blood infection has a touch of pneumonia now so breathing tube is probably staying until tomorrow at least.
10/13: He was extubated around noon and he's doing well. Probably here several more days for IV antibiotics.