• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

zadok

Member: Seasoned Veteran
  • Last visited

• Days Won

2 Followers

Recent Profile Visitors

1,162 profile views
  1. ...so aptly put...n on so many different levels, i have an old friend from my military days who now teaches psychology at one of the top medical schools in the country n ask him to look at a couple hundred of u know who's postings...his observations were very profound...if ever interested i could pm them to u....
  2. ..."real" coin collectors want "real" coins...restrikes not so much...to some, participation trophies substitute for "real" trophies, to others not so much...
  3. ...just when u think it cant get any sadder it finds a new level for sadness....
  4. ...zero cost...both of the grading services have advertised in the past that they were willing to certify ultra rare unique n near unique coins for no charge other than insurance costs...the 1894-S barber dime comes to mind...others im aware of were the 1876-CC twenty cent coin...im sure there r more....
  5. ...gold prices follow uncertainty, watch as november approaches....
  6. ...only set number 1 is a true registry set...the other two r padded sets of no consequence....
  7. ...there r 38 different die pairs documented for the '77-S half dollar, virtually all have extensive reverse die cracks in various die states...to accurately assess which die pair ur coin mite be would require a detailed photo of the reverse die....showing the entire reverse....
  8. ...quarters...quarters...my first sets of each was to complete my grandfathers sets...when i didnt have other collecting avenues occupying my time i purchased complete sets of barbers all denominations n reassembled them in more uniform sets n sold the duplicate sets, none for melt as mentioned by another in this thread....
  9. ...yes...dimes, quarters n halves...basically decide what u want ur total investment to be n determine the grade that allows u to accomplish that goal, possibly decide the acceptable grade variation u can be satisfied with n u will have ur set boundaries...as u mentioned consult and/or join the BCCS, very good people....
  10. ...oh the real question is...which is worse? the babbling or the whining....
  11. ...restrikes dont belong in registry sets as simple as that, just a means to pad points n outscore the collectors who collect the originals...in other words circumventing the integrity intent of the registry as it is supposed to be...the originals n the restrikes belong in two separate sets, simple a no-brainer...anyone that invests in bullion restrikes should realize the folly of their adventure...n not intrude into the collector base of the originals...u should whine elsewhere, no sympathy here....