• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does This Auction Look Quite Right to You?

6 posts in this topic

Hi

looks like the 1942 -D 2 over 1 but you would need to se the mint mark and see if that is repunched.. also there should be slite Doubling on IN GOD WE TRUST..

Better scans of these areas are reqired

all the best dooly

It is the scans that got me. Why the 42/41 dater area is so large and sharp as comapred to the full images. Also the coloring of the closeup vs the smaller images. And the lack of a D on the reverse when magnified in an image editor.

Ebay number 290139536425

Curious on what others see here.

42/41 D

Assuming that the large image of the over-date is of the actual coin being sold, it looks OK to me.

One reason the D MM might be missing off the reverse photo is that this coin might be a 1946 P as pictured even though it says this is the coin you will receive-hard to really tell from such small pics.

This auction has all the warning signs to STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!

1) No return policy specified

2) photos very unclear for such a valuable item

3) Sellers second auction only

4) Only feedback he/she has is for a $15.50 statue

5. What else do you need?

I feel someone is going to be upset when they receive their auction item(if they receive it) JMO