• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I think the "consortium" will be BAD for the hobby.

69 posts in this topic

I don't think there's going to be any real answers until CAC makes some official announcements.

This seems similar to trying to get the ANA spokespeople to say things on behalf of the ANA ATS. It's generally not very successful and, of course, there's a lot of dissatisfaction with the way the ANA communicates.

However, CAC is still young so we'll have to wait and see what happens.

According to http://www.coinconsortium.com/ ----- Mark is a known player with the group and will act as a part time grader. The other major players, inclucing TDN are also named there.

Call them "good guys" if you like Doogy, but I have a somewhat different opinion of some of them based on what I have seen in here.

According to http://www.coinconsortium.com/ ----- Mark is a known player with the group and will act as a part time grader. The other major players, inclucing TDN are also named there.

Call them "good guys" if you like Doogy, but I have a somewhat different opinion of some of them based on what I have seen in here.

Independent of CAC, from what I've seen about their views and opinions on specific coins/issues posted here and ATS in the past, I'm willing to call them "good guys." I reserve judgment on CAC and associated issues until CAC actually says what they are and are not going to do.

That link and the "information" it leads to, was provided by a C.U. forum member who is NOT affiliated with C.A.C. in any way.

And, unless I decide to move to NJ (which I do not pan to do) I am not going to be a (part time) grader for C.A.C. Furthermore, there are numerous other people who will be part of C.A.C. and who are not mentioned via that link. Parker apparently either doesn't know that link and "information" weren't provided by C.A.C., or doesn't care.

I was asking Parker if he would accept a premium price for a stickered coin that he was selling.

I know I would! I would also accept a premium for a non-stickered coin that I was selling.

Sure why not? Especially if some mullet would pay it.

Wow, I haven't really done any buying/selling in a couple of years. I've sure missed out on the Coin Posse talk. Been fun reading up on it. I'm still waiting for prices to eek down someday.