• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The English view on slabed coins & grading companys

5 posts in this topic

Hi all this has just come out in Coin News in the uk and i thaught you would all like to see it and maybe comment on the information therein..

i know there is some glaring errors in it but thats what you get in the UK

CN.jpg

CN1.jpg

have fun dooly :angel:

Interesting read, although I didn't agree with everything. I thought the part about "no dealer I know will pay much more than melt [for bullion coins] whether they are "60s" or "70s" or perfect "10s"" was amusingly incorrect.

Dooly, I'm concerned that the article you posted is in violation of the copyright held by the publisher of that publication. You might should remove it and provide a link if necessary. You don't want NG-C to get in trouble for hosting copyright-infringing content.

There are a lot of dealers who will not pay much more than melt for slabbed bullion coins. This is a fact on the bourse. I saw a guy who believed his slabbed MS 70 Gold Eagles were worth a substantial premium laughed at by such a delaer who had offered him 95% of melt. I am not trying to push a valuation here but the last time I looked in the CDN they do not reflect a premium for MS 70 / PR 70 AGE's.