• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FSH: Susan B. Anthony Dollar Set in Airtites with Storage Box (SOLD)

6 posts in this topic

I just got a PM from the person who'd said they wanted to buy the SBA set. I'd been waiting for a few days to hear from them after agreeing to sell them the set, but they didn't respond until today. Now they're asking asking me if I want to split up the set, which I am not interested in doing. Thus, the set is once again up for sale.

For Sale:

Complete set of Susan B. Anthony dollars - 18 coins in all, including 4 proof issues. The entire set is safely holdered in AirTites and stored in an AirTite box on black cards. It's a very attractive way to house this series. I collected this series for a while a year ago, but my collecting has moved to another area so I'm selling this set to put the money into the new series.

This set includes the following:

1979 P - Uncirculated, Narrow rim

1979 P - XF, Wide rim bonus!

1979 D - Uncirculated

1979 S - Uncirculated

1979 S - Proof, type 1

1980 P - Uncirculated

1980 D - Uncirculated

1980 S - Uncirculated

1980 S - Proof

1981 P - Uncirculated

1981 D - Uncirculated

1981 S - Uncirculated

1981 S - Proof, type 1

1999 P - Uncirculated (business strike)

1999 D - Uncirculated (business strike)

1999 P - Uncirculated, Special Mint Set Finish

1999 D - Uncirculated, Special Mint Set Finish

1999 P - Proof

The 1979, 1980, and 1981 uncirculated coins came straight out of mint souvenir sets with gloved hands. I'm throwing in the 1979-P wide rim for free; I pulled that particular rarity out of circulation (it's the only one not from a mint set). I'm also including the rarely collected uncirculated 1999 P & D special mint set finished coins. The SMS coins were released in a separate packaging and have a unique, chrome-like finish not seen on the rest of the series. Most collectors are unaware of their existance, but I included a pair straight out of their mint packaging.

Also included are the 4 proofs from the 4 years of production. I included type 1 proof examples of the 1979 and 1981 dollars. The 1980 proof has an attractive golden toning with some slight blue highlights around the edge. It's a beautiful coin and I believe it to be NT (I don't know why anyone would bother ATing the coin, in any case). The type 2 examples would have raised the price of this set by several hundred dollars, so they're not included.

So, in summary, you're getting 18 coins, including BU versions of all business strikes, the SMS finished '99 business strikes, and proofs from all 4 years. The whole set is housed in AirTite direct fit capsules and stored in an AirTite storage box with silica gel packs.

I'm asking $110 which includes shipping and insurance. I would prefer PayPal. Photos on request.

Thanks for reading!