• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

some more truisms about buying coins

Did you find this helpful?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Did you find this helpful?

4 posts in this topic

Just some thoughts of mine...

If you find a dealership that comprises more than one dealer, and you've gotten to know them all (somewhat) and understand their tastes, you should eventually be able to immediately spot which dealer bought what.

When you get to know some dealers, and find out which ones are the good guys and which ones are the bad, eventually, you'll come to know, that the good guys, while good, have their own ideas about what makes a great coin, and that may or may not fit into your own development and ideas.

You can make a LOT of MONEY with coins...only after spending a fortune, paying your dues and developing skills, tact and a broad based acumen and are willing to accept your losses as a lesson(s) learned.

I voted for (Brewster's Millions) "None of the above". More important than knowing which dealer bought what is knowing which dealer is more apt to give you the best deal!

Chris

the main person who is going to give me my best deal is my own eye and smarts in picking a good dealer whom i trust and can work with a meeting of the minds so to speak

that can point me into the right direction with some cool coins for my collection

Just some thoughts of mine...

If you find a dealership that comprises more than one dealer, and you've gotten to know them all (somewhat) and understand their tastes, you should eventually be able to immediately spot which dealer bought what.

When you get to know some dealers, and find out which ones are the good guys and which ones are the bad, eventually, you'll come to know, that the good guys, while good, have their own ideas about what makes a great coin, and that may or may not fit into your own development and ideas.

You can make a LOT of MONEY with coins...only after spending a fortune, paying your dues and developing skills, tact and a broad based acumen and are willing to accept your losses as a lesson(s) learned.

agreed mike and ultimately after all is said and done you got to make the right choices for yourself---ihope you make all the right ones