• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Addition to Dansco 7070 or .....

8 posts in this topic

So I'm getting some consulting money in the near future and was wondering what you all would do. I'm about half way through my type set but I only need two coins to complete either my Indian Head Cent (1877 and 1869/69) or my Lincoln cent (1909-SVDB and 1922-Plain) collections. I'm thinking I could hold off for one of these key dates, or I could purchase a decent Seated Lib Dollar and a couple of other holes in the type set. I'd be interested to hear what you all would do.

Please don't tell me to "double down and buy a real coin" crazy.gif

Leo

If it was me... I would do one of 2 things.....

A. Buy the 1877 in VG to F condition (Funds permitting)

B Fill the type set up with nice coins!

I'd have to wait for an 1877 in F12 (although this grade would fit in well with my current collection)...I'd have to wait less for an 1877 in VG and it wouldn't look all that out of place. My type set I'm trying to collect with an average grade of AU53. The targeted grade for the Seated Lib Dollars are 35-45...Leo

In that case do yourself a favor... Buy the low grade 1877 Now and sell it later for a nice profit. Then you can buy more type coins!

I vote for finishing one of your nearly complete collections. Having a collection that close to being done would drive me crazy.

I agree! Finish a set, I would finish the Injuns first, unless I came across a better deal in the Lincolns.