• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Complete set grading

4 posts in this topic

Just out of curiousity, does NGC or any of the other TPG's grade complete sets at a reduced rate. I hope to complete my BU washington in the next couple of years and wondered. I hope to complete my BU Lincoln(no errors) sometime shortly thereafter. I could not afford to just send them in individually. As I said, just curious.

i am sure that man7y of the coins could 893scratchchin-thumb.gif go under economy submissions but i bet if you called customer serviceor asked someonre on the ask ngc boards i would think consideration could be given with a nice matched unc set of all of the same coins for some kind of set/bulk/many coin rate for all these coins if submitted together

also call ngc customer service and ask to speak to scott schechter he would be the man to ask

and if he is not in leave a message he will get back to you

Thanks, Michael. I appreciate the info. I will call Scott Schechter and will relay to the forum what he says. Again, thanks for your time.

Not sure but I doubt it is possible. Grading of individual coins also carries the fact that it is now incapulated in a plastic holder. This verifies the coin inside is MSxx or whatever. To attempt to grade an entire set would therefore be a not to logical thing for a grading service. For example to state the entire set of Lincolns is AU58 would indeed be a rather unlikely possibility. And then any one could easily replace many of the coins with say AU50's or even less and unless the entire set was in a plastic slab, this would distroy the TPG statements. It could be done but I doubt any grading service would want the responsibility. Enough complaints as it is with just one coin mistakes.