• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1835 CAPPED BUST QUARTER for my Type Coin SET, Comment/grade anyone?

12 posts in this topic

Hi, Everyone hi.gif

I picked this 1835 CBQ as raw at the Long Beach Expo recently for my DANSCO 7070 Type Set. Care to comment or grade from pictures on the coin please be my guest! grin.gif The picture gives the coin a flat look, in hand it has some luster.

AAJ

1835cbqo.jpg

1835cbqr.jpg

Old time VF-35 sharpness that now gets graded graded EF these days. I think the coin was cleaned a long time ago, but that does not bother me in this grade. It's a nicer coin than most these you see offered as "EF" these days.

Hi, construct hi.gif

What do you see, what do you mean? If the picture is not showning up, refresh the thread that should do the trick! smile.gif

AAJ

I agree that the images make the coin appear to have been lightly cleaned in the past and then perhaps toned in an album.

The reverse looks like a high-end VF to me, depending on the die variety. For some dies, this could be an EF+ reverse, and for others, it might only be a VF-20 reverse. We need to see the obverse to provide a better evaluation.

So far, I do like it.

Hi, Everyone hi.gif

As I mentioned in the opening thread I picked this coin up at the Long Beach Coin Expo. I bought it raw from Osburn, had a nice chat with him, along with an 1807 CBH, which I will share shortly. The 1835 BHQ was marked EF 45+ and I got it for a nice price and it will fit nicely in my DANSCO 7070 Type Set. smile.gif

Thank you all for your comments and grade guesses from the pictures. grin.gif

AAJ

Nice coin. Like many coins of its ilk, it's had a little light cleaning in the past, but it's a very acceptable piece, and retoned nicely. I believe that in the right conditions, this coin could take on a very pleasing appearance over time. I'd call it a VF25.

Hoot

ilk? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Hoot, maybe working them crosswords puzzles a bit, eh? poke2.gif

But any ways...

Nice looking coin for the bust quarter in a type set. thumbsup2.gif