• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lincoln cent help

6 posts in this topic

What do you think of the color of this lincoln cent-natural or not? The green spots appear to be on a covering of the coin or on the lens of the camera and not the coin. Thanks. 1931slincoln.jpg

Jim, is that color fairly true-to-life? I asked because the color is quite odd/unusual, but the coin does not have the look of a cleaned or artificially colored bronze piece.

That's why I posted Mark. I don't really see the color mix that way. It appears mixed somehow with no scratches or color runs/flows. All I have are the sellers pics. It just bothered me and I see no evidence of tampering but still concerned. Such a beautiful coin.

I took a chance on a 1929-S that was of similar color. My local guys said it looked like the victim of a cyanide dip. I've had this coin for about 3 years now and it hasn't turned any funky colors but it's still noticably lighter than MS examples from the same vintage.

Leo

I am pretty sure the green spots are not on the coin because they were all around the background outside of the coin are when I combined the two photos into one.