• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So...What Did I Miss?

7 posts in this topic

Just got back from vacation, catching up on events and postings...congrats Bruce on the sale of a famous US Coin.

Please forgive if this is old news here, needed coin related item to get back into the swing of things, this seemed appropriate.

~Woody~

1913 Liberty Nickel Sold

Welcome back been missing you posts Wow were to begin we have had some Very intresting things goining on but never mind that ? did you bring any nice coins back ???? grin.gif

fort_III-42.jpg

fort_III-51.jpg

I have been in the middle of Nebraska dodging tornadoes for the past 3 weeks. I did not have the opprotunity to look for any coins, but did drop quite a few coins building this niffty fort for my youngest Grandson, (age 6) for him to enjoy this summer.

Been reading a few posts here and there...had to tend to the yardwork here at home first, but will eventually get back into the Numismatic Mind Set once again.

~waving to everyone~

Woody

Welcome back, Woody! I only have one question about the fort. Why not a chain gun rather than a 50 cal? It's far more effective.

Chris

Welcome back, Woody! I only have one question about the fort. Why not a chain gun rather than a 50 cal? It's far more effective.

Chris

The 30mm Amour Piercing, Hi-Incendiary depleted uranium rounds were by far, a bit more expensive than the Ball Ammo for the .50 Caliber Ma-Duce. Besides, the 7/8" wooden dowels were $4.98 apiece, imagine buying 7 of them to outfit a Gating gun. Besides, I would have had to build the fort around the gun, this way with a Browning .50 Cal with a Butterfly Toggle, they can be dismounted and fired akin to a G.I. Joe comic book. Ratta-tat-tat.

(Although, there is the three barrel 30mm chain gun slung under the nose of an a Apache helicopter...hmmm, perhaps)

I did use a .5 half dime for the bore guaging though, just to keep it with in tolerences.

halfdimeobv.jpg

halfdimerev.jpg

Chris

The 30mm Amour Piercing, Hi-Incendiary depleted uranium rounds were by far, a bit more expensive than the Ball Ammo for the .50 Caliber Ma-Duce. Besides, the 7/8" wooden dowels were $4.98 apiece, imagine buying 7 of them to outfit a Gating gun. Besides, I would have had to build the fort around the gun, this way with a Browning .50 Cal with a Butterfly Toggle, they can be dismounted and fired akin to a G.I. Joe comic book. Ratta-tat-tat.

(Although, there is the three barrel 30mm chain gun slung under the nose of an a Apache helicopter...hmmm, perhaps)

I did use a .5 half dime for the bore guaging though, just to keep it with in tolerences.

halfdimeobv.jpg

halfdimerev.jpg

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Maybe for your next project, you can build a hangar for your grandson's A-10 Warthog. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Welcome back!

Chris