• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spotting on coins...

12 posts in this topic

I am a dipper but have had NO success with Carbon spots - Finger prints etc yes

Spots no ... Leave it ...

Spots can be very tough to remove and even if removed can leave a telltale mark of the coin's history. On a rather common and inexpensive coin such as this I would have simply not bought the piece.

Unfortunately, I have to say that I am not a fan of carbon spots nor do I think that they add character to a coin frown.gif. I have no experience with trying to remove them however.

Spots can be very tough to remove and even if removed can leave a telltale mark of the coin's history. On a rather common and inexpensive coin such as this I would have simply not bought the piece.

Tom I got the coin at a good deal. I plan to move the coin soon. I got this coin bunched up with a 1978 S PCGS Proof 69 Dcam at a good price. In hand the coin is every bit of MS 66 had it not been for the spots. There are 2 of them, this coin would be very close to MS 67.

leave it as is and get rid of it to a price buyer of

plastic...........

a rat pig with that deep carbon spot frustrated.gif