• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GW $ Census

4 posts in this topic

Out of curiosity, I checked the NGC Census on these because I have one missing the edge lettering in for grading now. I was surprised to learn that NGC has graded more than 19,000 of these Mint Errors. Wow, that is a lot! I also noticed there are two designations that are unfamiliar to me................MSFD & MSFDP. I know what the "MS" means, but what does "FD" & "FDP" mean?

Chris

I think when these errors came out, I predicted many tens of thousands of these would surface.

The real question is: Will the mint have fixed this problem by the time the next dollars come out? There is the potential that future issues could be much scarcer.

300 million made but more like 600million because they go throught 2 machines one to stamp one to letter say 30000 errors not to bad.Seems most of the problems are from the side.I think they need to slow down on the side lettering machines,All and All 300million dollars what 2 days not bad work