• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Return of the Bearded Goddess...

35 posts in this topic

The reserve on the PCGS VF35 in the Heritage Auction is now revealed...

$6500.

Wowsers.

Suffice it to say that the reserve on my NGC VF35 now on eBay is considerably lower...

Oh well.

The reserve on the PCGS VF35 in the Heritage Auction is now revealed...

$6500.

Wowsers.

Suffice it to say that the reserve on my NGC VF35 now on eBay is considerably lower...

Oh well.

I saw that. The question is: Will it sell? I suspect that bidders will be discouraged, unless the coin looks super incredible and undergraded in hand.

Roger that, MBA --

Heritage has pretty good pictures (mine are admittedly lame) -- from the pics it seems comparable to mine in-hand as far as grade and condition, the one at Heritage has 2 things going for it that I can see:

1. It is PCGS slabbed.

2. The primary die crack is more prominent, extending almost all the way to the date and up through her cap.

The crack shows up in her eye on mine, but it is not as visible in the other areas as the Heritage specimen.

I guess we'll see how it goes on Sunday night, I have a good many watchers -- and a fair number of hits on the listing -- I expect some further probing on my reserve as we get closer, and a flurry of bids at the last minute -- the nature of the beast on the 'Bay.

Roger that, MBA --

Heritage has pretty good pictures (mine are admittedly lame) -- from the pics it seems comparable to mine in-hand as far as grade and condition, the one at Heritage has 2 things going for it that I can see:

1. It is PCGS slabbed.

2. The primary die crack is more prominent, extending almost all the way to the date and up through her cap.

The crack shows up in her eye on mine, but it is not as visible in the other areas as the Heritage specimen.

I guess we'll see how it goes on Sunday night, I have a good many watchers -- and a fair number of hits on the listing -- I expect some further probing on my reserve as we get closer, and a flurry of bids at the last minute -- the nature of the beast on the 'Bay.

Good luck! It should attract plenty of attention.