• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What does "Registry Quality" mean to you?

32 posts in this topic

I really don’t have much use for “top dog” collections that have NO pictures and NO comments on them. To me those collections are a total waste of time, and don’t deserve to be opened for a view.

Amen, Bill!

I refuse to look at a registry set without photos. Even commentaries are less meaningful to me without an accompanying photo.

To answer the OP, it means a coin that has a higher value in a registery set. Some people use it correctly and some people use it as hype, just like any other coin related description, such as blast white, toned, etc.

Any of these descriptive words can be used correctly or as hype. If a fellow coin collector is talking about his coins, then I have a respect for the decription. If it is included in an ebay item description, then I have second thoughts.

Any responce to the question about what the phrase "Registery Quality" means must have an context attached or the meaning can vary.

This thread has also brought up another thought...

I despise obscured registery sets. If you don't want anyone to know about it... don't register it! What is with the people who spend mucho $ to have a top set and then obscure it? They must be pround of the sets to register them, then why not share the details?

Merpeace