• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay CBH Seller Update

5 posts in this topic

Just thought I would update you.

A few weeks ago, I posted in regards to an EBAY purchase I made of an 1836 Capped Bust Half which when it arrived was NO where near the coin I purchased. Turns out the dealer mixed shipments up of a cheap F+ and my AU(turns out its only EF which is what I expected). After about 3 weeks the other buyer(who was extremely happy with his purchase) finally manned up(for a lack of better words) and returned the coin, and today I finally received my coin along with a check for reimbursement of S/H charges during the fiasco. just_auction_it is the seller and I most certainly will vouch for his honesty. I have attached a photo of the coin with nose scratch. Sorry for the glare. I would appreciate Overton and grade opinions please. Please note the die crack? or whatever is between the eagles neck and left wing and left claw and body-clash maybe?

1836cbhobvrev.jpg

I do not have my Overton with me, but if the coin is clean (and has not been cleaned), that may get at least an AU 50 grade. But from the pics, I cannot tell for sure about it being cleaned (lots of hairlines) or not. Depending on luster, it could go to AU-53...

I felt it has been cleaned, as to lustre you can almost see your reflection in it-not quite, also at the end of the scratch/die crack between the eagle's left claw and body is a raised rectangular lump. Weird. You can just make it out in this photo at the upper end of the mark. under a 60X microscope it is perfectly rectangular. 1836revlump.jpg

Looks like a O-102 and the grade is about AU-53 from what I see in the photos.

Edited: Probably is a O-110 with the rty weak in Liberty.

I think it's an O.110 and that it is an AU coin, however, it has clearly been stripped of its surfaces and might even have been polished.