• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Since we are on the subject of ethics....

13 posts in this topic

Here is a dealer I highly recommdend. You will be givin a fair price reguardless of what you know or do not know.

Canon City Coins & Collectibles

123 S 5th St

Canon City, CO 81212

Phone: (719) 269-7507

Open Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat

I have bought many times from him and had plesure doing so. He is the type of dealer that will send you "extra" money should your coins or paper money sell for more than he orginally thought.

Case in point... He was telling me he had recently bought a Real nice local bank note. Book value on it was 10k, so that is what he offered the man. The note went into a heritage auction and realized 21k. He called the fellow back up who sold him the note and sent along an extra 5k. Now how many dealers do you know that would do that?

One of the good guys! On a side note back about 5 years ago he had a 1800 Bust Dollar that was PCGS XF 45 and looked like a nice original coin. He told he thought it was overgraded and would sell it to me at VF price, which at the time was 1600.00 Had I had the money with me, I would have bought the coin. Recent value shows the coin at $6500.00 in XF

Thanks for sharing your positive experience with this dealer. Recognizing this example of integrity and honesty is something that is probably not done enough, no matter what the subject or circumstance. As they say, what goes around comes around. thumbsup2.gif

Rey

I would quickly add Pinnacle Rarities to such a list. I worked for them for 6 years and know them well. I believe that they are easily among the fairest and most honest dealerships to be found. They are also very pleasant to work with and carry a very nice inventory.

I have seen more than one example in which they sent extra money to a customer after a transaction had already been completed. In one case, it was due to the discovery that a coin had been incorrectly (or incompletely) attributed by a grading company. I believe the amount subsequently paid to the seller was multiples of the agreed upon price, amounting to a five-figure increase in value. I could go on, but hopefully you get the point. smile.gif

i will add two more to the list that i have worked with and have known BOTH for some years. some of the the most extraordinary, extraspecial, greatest eye appealling, rarest coins i have ever seen came from them.................

with no more commentary as they both do not need it...........

mark feld www.markfeldcoins.com

dave wnuck www.coinraritiesonline.com

Hey guys , Thanks !

This is the kind of post you don't see enough of with (some of) the whining going on in the market today. Not all dealers are out to take advantage of the buyers and it is very NICE to hear about some of the good ones every now and then.

Bruce , glad to hear of your great experiences with the Colorado dealer ! thumbsup2.gif

Do they have a website or email ? confused-smiley-013.gif

Mark and Michael , your input is greatly appreciated as well , especially the links....Thanks Victor for the Mikey-Linky too. thumbsup2.gif

They do not have a website, but I am sure the man has an email account. Every time I am in the area I stop in and see what he has.