• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1983 P Mint Set??

5 posts in this topic

I have an aftermarket Mint Set from 1983 P. I am asked to put a value on it. The Half is MS 64, Quarter is MS 65, dime is MS 66, Nickel is MS 65 LDS and the Penny is trashed with spotting but MS. All the coins have a nice cartwheel luster to them. The quarter and half may even be a higher grade. Both are rather nice. It is housed in a Whitman Plastic Holder. I was givin a collection to look over and value. I was thinkng $100.00 for the set? Too high? Too low? Thanks for the help!

Basically its HALF a set with a yukkie Penny

$40-$45

I agree because your set certainly wouldn't be worth more than the souveneir sets unless you had the set graded and got some good grades, lofty enough to cover expensenses.

True gems with solid strikes from new dies are underrated on all the '83 issues. Gem quarters are not often seen in the souvenir set. The quarter and half should be slabbed if they are true gems.

The quarter wholesales at $25 in MS-60. The rest of the set is worth about $10 in MS-60.