• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grades in!

12 posts in this topic

I don't normally buy raw coins looking to score a good grade. I am working on a birth year set (1956) for my personal coin collection. I bought a raw proof set in a capitol holder at a show a while back for the half. I waited until a friend needed one more coin to make up a 5 coin order for PCGS. The half came back 66 DCAM. I'm OK with that grade. Personally I had the coin at 67 Cam.... anyway I wanted to tell somebody I was happy with my find.

You should be OK with that grade since PR66 DCAM is worth more than PR67 CAM in the PCGS price guide! DCAM is where it's at smile.gif

<<dcam '50s proof Frankie! Congrats Carl - good to have you post on this side of the street. >>

Thanks for the positive comments everybody! I too prefer a DCAM to a Cam even at a lower grade. I thought this coin made it on the obverse but felt the reverse was on the boarderline between Cam and DCAM. I will post a photo when I get it back in my grubby paws. smile.gif