• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Indian Head Cent Evaluation help please

5 posts in this topic

This IHC I recently purchased has the start of what I am finding to be verdigris on the reverse which I also understand nothing can be done for. Disregarding that, what grade would you place on this coin(obviously the value is inconsequential).

I've attached two photos as with indirect light you cannot tell the PL finish but with regular light you can.The object beneath the nose is lint not anything affecting the coin.

Thanks

Jim 1862obvrev-1.jpg1862obvrev32407.jpg

Sorry, but there is no way to provide a meaningful grade guess from those images. The coin could be high grade AU to "gem" unc. and it could be original or artificially colored.

The one (and only for sure), thing that I can see from your photos is the good detail on the feathers of the headdress, nice right out to the tips. The diamonds on the ribbon are well defined also, so I will say your coin was well struck. thumbsup2.gif