• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How should I price these ASEs?

9 posts in this topic

I've got a group of around 8 ASEs that have gone spotty in captivity. I have absolutely no idea how they got that way, but I'm thinking I want to sell them at some point in the future. They're all raw non-proofs (all are MS except for one that I inherited from my little brother years ago) and date 1987(x2), 1991, 1996, 1997, 1999(x2), and 2001. Are they worth saving to dip? I'm thinking I want to just sell them for their bullion value. Do ASEs command any premium over spot in less-than-good shape? I'm trying to decide on a fair price for them and I'd welcome any opinions.

Typically the 1996 will bring a substantial premium.

That's right. The 1996 usually sells for a least $50.00 raw depending on the condition.

$50 for the uncirculated 1996 seems rather high for this specimen, as it's moderately spotted, but I wonder what it would look like after a quick dip? I've never dipped, but this is a situation where if I did, I would. Are the 1991 or 1997 issues worth any premium.

What's a common date spotty ASE worth on the market today? Is $14.50 too much?

What's a common date spotty ASE worth on the market today? Is $14.50 too much?

Probably not. Put them on the boards and see what happens.

Thanks for your help to all who replied. Thanks also to the that gave this thread one star - you're a gem poke2.gif

Anyway, for those who are interested, there are photos of all the coins in the buy/sell/trade forum. (I say that not to try and advertise them, but just if anyone wanted to see the photos.)