• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forum Giveaway!!

62 posts in this topic

Hmmm, 1961 Strat, improper cleaning, corroded, chop-marked, "slabbed" rosewood fingerboard, and a mintage of less than 17,000....

1. Neck - $450.00

2. Body - $750.00

3. Tremolo - $100.00

4. Neck Plate - $500.00

5. Pickups - $200.00

TOTAL = $2,000.00

I will put it in perspective for you .. Pristine condition '61 Strat w/tremolo full Original

$30-35,000.oo

So, about the same as a PCGS PR69 Lincoln. Now take that Lincoln in the same shape as this guitar and it would be worth around two cents.

Yep, that puts it in perspective.

Seeing as we are into music -

Can any one tell me What was the name of the BAND that Had these great artist playing together on it ...

This will undoubtedly exclude YN as the album was released in 1976 and is currently in my Truck and iPOD

STANLEY CLARKE

CHICK COREA

AL DIMEOLA

LENNY WHITE

sign-offtopic.gif

Seeing as we are into music -

Can any one tell me What was the name of the BAND that Had these great artist playing together on it ...

This will undoubtedly exclude YN as the album was released in 1976 and is currently in my Truck and iPOD

STANLEY CLARKE

CHICK COREA

AL DIMEOLA

LENNY WHITE

sign-offtopic.gif

Return to Forever...The album (CD for you youngsters) is probably "Romantic Warrior"...great guitar by Al DiMeola.

Edited to add: $4212.17

bah humbug ..

It is Romantic Warrior - Stanley "GANGLEY FINGERS" Clarke has been my hero for years and still am in awe at some of his fingering.

Sorry for the derail Bruce smile.gif

bah humbug ..

It is Romantic Warrior - Stanley "GANGLEY FINGERS" Clarke has been my hero for years and still am in awe at some of his fingering.

Sorry for the derail Bruce smile.gif

893whatthe.gif

I will put it in perspective for you .. Pristine condition '61 Strat w/tremolo full Original

$30-35,000.oo

So, about the same as a PCGS PR69 Lincoln. Now take that Lincoln in the same shape as this guitar and it would be worth around two cents.

Yep, that puts it in perspective.

Not quite!

G'Day, Bruceswar

Getting you in practice for Australia! wink.gif

Anyway, I love hearing a great electric guitar, so here is my guess! yay.gif

The Five Auctions are :

1. Neck - 1961 (relacqured) 2789.99

2. Body - 1961 (refinished) 4786.52

3. Pickups (2 of them) - 1961 1421.78

4. Tremolo (missing saddles) - 1961 1126.48

5. Neck Plate - 1961 1047.33

Total 11,172.10

AAJ headbang.gif

Let's see..................Dad was born in 1915, Mom was born in 1921 abd I was born in 1947......................$5,783.03

Chris

Remove about 30 guitars from that picture and it would look just like my guitar collection.

Is that an old Peavy T-40 bass over there on the far right? I hung on to my T-60 6-string through the years and it's sound is awesome, a very heavy guitar.

Bruce, as a former "Safety Inspector" for our shop area, you are in violation by not having a cover on that outlet on the wall there!

Any rug rats or ankle biters running around over there? If you were painting it's OK but get that cover back on as soon as possible.

Thinking...maybe that's what happened to your hair, plugging a guitar into that exposed outlet ~buzzzzzit~ grin.gif

Bruce, as a former "Safety Inspector" for our shop area, you are in violation by not having a cover on that outlet on the wall there!

Any rug rats or ankle biters running around over there? If you were painting it's OK but get that cover back on as soon as possible.

Thinking...maybe that's what happened to your hair, plugging a guitar into that exposed outlet ~buzzzzzit~ grin.gif

Yeah, but did you notice the 1950's linoleum tile?

Chris

if anybody is interested in seeing the auction... well it was 5 ... now made whole again..

Ebay

hm Might have been worth more in parts - Time will tell

We had parted it out and had no takers at all on it. Not even an offer on any of the parts. So I am not sure. If it does not move on ebay off to the show it goes where it will move for sure.

hm Yeah you coul dbe right as I was just looking at the PRICES that they wanted for parts - But history shows very little sold ...

Well Good Luck