• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Britannias absent from last week's Charlotte show?

6 posts in this topic

Since I was only able to attend the recent Charlotte show on the last few hours of the last day, some of the dealers were already packed and missing in action. I asked a ton of dealers if they had silver Britannias and not a single one did, although one or two had older coins with Britannia on them. One dealer swore he'd seen some somewhere, but I couldn't track anyone down who had them. Another said he was trying to get some himself, but they hadn't arrived yet. I wondered if the former dealer was mistaken and maybe just saw some older silver with Britannia on it.

Did anyone else have any luck finding any, perhaps with a dealer who left before I got there?

I was there on Friday and Saturday. I spoke with every vendor who was selling bullion and foreign coins--which there were not many. Nobody was selling Britannias. One dealer, a regular multi-page advertiser in the trade publications said that he had them but did not bring them. He will have some in Baltimore next week.

Baltimore is at least twice the size of the ANA show in dealers and floor space. I expect to be able to buy Britannias there.

Scott hi.gif

Thanks for the offer, Dooly. The reason I wanted to pick one up at the show rather than via an order from the royal mint on ebay is that I am really picky about hits, abrasions, and spotting on these coins. I'm trying to form a MS-69 set and any raw coins I have to buy will eventually be graded. I wanted to get one from the show that I could evaluate in person.

ScottB kindly offered to pick an '07 out for me at the Charlotte show if I couldn't attend, and if the offer's still there, I'd appreciate it if he'd take a look for me at Baltimore. Sound good to you, Scott?

ScottB kindly offered to pick an '07 out for me at the Charlotte show if I couldn't attend, and if the offer's still there, I'd appreciate it if he'd take a look for me at Baltimore. Sound good to you, Scott?

Will do! thumbsup2.gif

Scott hi.gif