• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2007 error dollars is it intentional.

10 posts in this topic

I wonder if the mint is doing this on purpose to get this dollars popularity level up, so many dollars in the past have failed do to the lack of interest by collectors and the public alike.

I hate to be so suspicious but cmon first the extra leaf on the quarter which just happened to get national attention and now this no lettering on the edge which i guess could be an accident but how about the faceless dollar how does something like that happen for 1 and second how did it get out of the mint. 893naughty-thumb.gifyeahok.gifyeahok.gif

No, the mint absolutely does not like having error coins get out. That doesn't stop enterprising mint employees from shenanigans, though.

Try making 300,000,000 of anything with no errors....The US Mints are factories - they just happen to stamp out money instead of plumbing washers. (Although sometimes it seems hard to tell the difference.)

you say that but is it not true when error coins get out the mints popularity grows, I mean i quarantee their sells on those dollars raised by 60% I remember when they first come out collectors in this forum said they would'nt buy them I would be interested to know if that is still true.

Mechanical and Quality Control issues only...the US Mint does not engage in covert operations to get coins artificially stimulated into circulation. However, I'm not to sure about what the US Treasury is capable of doing.

OK! I guess nobody is in on my conspiricy theory or maybe your all in on it.

HMMM! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

spy.jpg

Typical Mint employee getting ready for a day at the office.

spy.jpg

Typical Mint employee getting ready for a day at the office.

news.gifbumpit.gif

Spy vs spy 893applaud-thumb.gifyay.gif

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they are really not out to get you!! insane.gif