• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I've got this problem...I can't seem to part with my Seated coinage...

12 posts in this topic

I used to really dislike this stuff. I don't know why, but it seemed so boring, I just couldn't understand why anyone would want one. All I had to do was buy one, out of impulse, during a Stacks auction, and then...Well...so much for prejudice.

I like the Seated Dollars, because it's so hard to find really nice ones, and I like Seated Halves because there are just so many really beautiful ones. Nevermind Seated quarters and dimes, none of which I have any experience with, but look like they could be great fun.

So how do you stop? Like, what am I going to do, drop everything and start collecting Seated Dollars and Halves when what I actually NEED to do is start selling them (no, this is not spam) so I can continue to work on my 'usual' collection? Geeezzzz. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Like, what am I supposed to do...toss a coin????!!!!! grin.gif

I'm sure a lot of you can understand this.

Well, if you limit yourself to original, attractive Seated dollars then you woudn't have to worry since they are virtually non-existant. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifwink.gif

Well, if you limit yourself to original, attractive Seated dollars then you woudn't have to worry since they are virtually non-existant. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifwink.gif
I actually like looking at series where attractive pieces don't come up for sale often. Combined with high enough standards, this can provide lots of coins to look at and consider but is still easy on the wallet because acquisition velocity is low smile.gif

I hear most of them are tied up in smoe bozo's collection. makepoint.gif

I hear most of them are tied up in smoe bozo's collection. makepoint.gif

You should deactivate the PCGS spellchecker. wink.gif

Decisions decisions… 893scratchchin-thumb.gif You could always make a straight run of halves from 1807 to 1891. Maybe not every mint mark but one half from every year confused-smiley-013.gif

Ah, an ambitious project that would be challenging and could get very expensive but an excellent idea to pursue. cloud9.gif

Ataboy, Michael!!! Get rid of those cruddy ole bust thingies and just collect seated dollars!!! That's the ticket!!!

Jim

Proud owner of the !!! record!!!

my sweet little seated pcgs older holder gem mintstate 78-cc cancelled die monster toned quarter thumbsup2.gif

pm me and i will tell you where to send the adoption fee to get this into your home to care for cloud9.gif