• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Multiple reverses for lincoln cents in 2009 - my rendition

9 posts in this topic

I was a little bored this morning and when I saw this medal across the street, it got me thinking about the series of cents planned for 2009 that will show Lincoln's life, starting (if memory serves) with his boyhood home. I took a few minutes and photoshopped a rough idea of what I'd like to see for the first cent. I'd be interested to hear comments.

1693024-2009.jpg

1693024-2009.jpg.ca3ed253daf7cdcc7f4e696e99f15f98.jpg

The design has possibilities but it would not look as good in production. There would be little contrast of all the same composition. frown.gif

The design has possibilities but it would not look as good in production. There would be little contrast of all the same composition. frown.gif

I realize that the two images I joined are from coins of different ages and hence, different color. I think that after a few years of circulation this design might stand out quite well. Look at the original image of the medal in my link.

You should cut down one of the trees for firewood.

Chris

Overgrown? Yeah, maybe. The original medal has a couple of busts floating in front of the trees that I cloned leaves over to hide. I can't stand floating busts in front of designs. It looks stupid.

Michael, I love that Victor David Brenner medal! However the wonderful high relief on that medal would not look the same once it is minted in the standard low relief common to modern US coins. That's my point...but I hope you would be right wink.gif