• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is going to the ANA Money Show in Charlotte, NC? (March 16,17,18)

50 posts in this topic

...and are you as excited as I am? I added it to the "Numismatic Events" board this morning -- can't believe no one else had put it on the calandar.

This will be my first big show -- I have been to some smaller Club Shows over the years, but I have never made it to one of this scale, So...

I'm looking for some tips and tricks from the "Pros" that have been to one of these.

I'm planning on going up (I'm an hour south of Charlotte in Columbia, SC) on Friday and Saturday -- Friday I'll be solo or riding with a buddy -- Saturday the wife and kids are riding shotgun and tail-gunners, respectively.

I have a few reasons for going -- the main one is to have my 1807 50/20 CBH O-111a "Bearded Goddess" looked at by NGC for possible slabbing and then (regardless of whether it is slabbed or not) offering it for sale to anyone that may be interested. If you are going to be at the show and would like to see it in-person, send me a PM for contact info and we can meet-up on the floor or I can stop by your booth if you are a dealer.

The other reasons will be to find some upgrades for my Mercury Dime collection, checking out the cool exhibits, and just getting out of the house for a family day-trip with the wife and kids... the kids are really psyched about panning for gold.

So, sound off if you are going to be there!

I will definetly be there seeing how I can walk from my office to the convention center without going outdoors.

The only bummer is that I'm leaving for wedding/honeymoon in Hawaii the following Thursday so most of my cash for the next month is already budgeted.

Anyone know how much extra it costs to get stuff graded by NGC at the show?

Anyone know how much extra it costs to get stuff graded by NGC at the show?

They charge their regular walk-through prices at the show. See here for their price list.

You can drop off coins at NGC if you are a registered member. You pay the same price. If you are used to doing the form on-line and receiving the 10-percent discount, you will not get the discount at the show. All you will save is shipping charges. If you have more than a few items, it pays to pay the postage and get the 10-percent discount.

BTW: I will be in Charlotte. My parents live in the city and I will be using it as an excuse to visit.

Scott hi.gif

Sounds like going to be a nice show. Give us a report after.

Will do.

I was a writer for a local TV station (news, promos, commercials, etc.) Have quite a few reports for the AP and some print articles under my belt as well... so you can expect a Day One report sometime Friday (16th) evening.

Anyone know from past history if I can take pictures in the Bourse area and/or at the exhibits? Can't find any regs against it in the online preshow material. I'll drag my camera along if I can, save the weight if I can't. Wanted to get some pics of the kids panning for gold at the very least.

Hopefully I will be there for the 16th only. If I can squeeze my other commitments down and I feel I can. Hope to see some of you there.

Jes

They charge their regular walk-through prices at the show. See here for their price list.

OH, so it's like at least $100 (or more) per coin?

Well, I don't have anything that would be worth of such an expense.

Normally I'd be right there with you, but I'm a bit leary of putting the fate of my R5 Bearded Goddess in the hands of the USPS, so I'm going to cough up the extra bucks and write it off to peace of mind... probably save me from grinding my teeth flat and having to see the dentist too.

Julian, et. al -- If you are a dealer and know what your table/booth number is going to be, please provide that info so I can track you down and say hello.

I'll be there with bells on! Planning on buying my first Saint at the show. It's gonna be a huge show!

Really with bells? WW, I'll pay $5 for a picture of him. wink.giftongue.gif

Only 7 days to go!

Might be the longest 7 days I have had in a long time...

Oh, wait -- we lose an hour hour over the weekend, so it is going to be the shortest week of the year! How's that for optimism?

lol..

I'm looking forward to the show, true. But I guess my enthusiasm is less than yours since what I'm really looking forward to is not a week from today, but two weeks from today... By this time Friday morning the 23rd, I'll will be sitting on Waikiki beach.

Ok here's a question...

Would anyone get mad at me if I were to walk around the show with a T-shirt on that says "I have NGC First Day Washington Dollars for Sale"?

Ok here's a question...

Would anyone get mad at me if I were to walk around the show with a T-shirt on that says "I have NGC First Day Washington Dollars for Sale"?

Only ones that might get mad at you are the 42 other people walking around with the same t-shirt on...

Now... if you had bald edge First Day of Issues to sell and put that on a T-shirt THEN you might get hit with rotten tomatoes...

...and wadded up hundred dollar bills if the furor hasn't died down by then.

I CAN'T WAIT!!! Waxon, there's a show tomorrow and Sunday in Raleigh, at the Fairgrounds. It's a smaller show, but it's not too far from you if you wanna stop by. I'll be there.

I'm going to price coins so I can see what I should be able to get my Saint for at the ANA show.

I'll be there. My coin club (Charlotte Coin Club) is hosting the show. I'll be there every day, sometimes behind the registration table and sometimes behind the head table, but mostly walking the Bourse smile.gif . MrsSpud will be there at the main door making sure everyone has their nametag on.

Holy cow, I just realised that I'm going to be driving right through Charlotte on Sunday. I don't know if I'll be able to stop, though, as I'll still have another 5 hours to drive by the time I get there.

What's the show's website? Is there usually anything good left at these things by the last day?

Holy cow, I just realised that I'm going to be driving right through Charlotte on Sunday. I don't know if I'll be able to stop, though, as I'll still have another 5 hours to drive by the time I get there.

What's the show's website? Is there usually anything good left at these things by the last day?

Oh, you are going to stop -- you know you can't resist... for crying out loud, they are going to have the Walton 1913 V Nickel on display and you can pan for Gold!!! headbang.gif

edit:

Here's your link:

2007 ANA National Money Show -- Charlotte, NC -- March 16,17 &18

Huzzah!

Things bode well for the Bearded Goddess in Charlotte!

Heritage's ANACS XF45 Details (Cleaned) that is going on the block on Thursday has a $3000 reserve (it was just revealed... they kept the reserve hidden until late last night...) Linkage to Heritage's Bearded Goddess...

My humble raw non-cleaned one might do ok after all... here's pics for those that missed it a month ago. Keep in mind that the scratches you see are now almost invisible to the naked eye... they were tough to see to begin with. The coin has been stored open to the air for the past 6 weeks. I'll get more recent and hopefully better pics of her taken before she goes to Charlotte on Friday.

1807BeardedO.JPG

1807BeardedR.JPG

You should not have to pay that. The fee should be the same for the tier you select if you mailed it in but you will not get the 10% discount. In October 2005, I flew to a coin show is LV to drop off my coins at the show. Came back the same day. I used the economy and standard tiers. It was worth the $250 for the flight to avoid one more opportunity to lose them.

Anyone know from past history if I can take pictures in the Bourse area and/or at the exhibits? Can't find any regs against it in the online preshow material. I'll drag my camera along if I can, save the weight if I can't. Wanted to get some pics of the kids panning for gold at the very least.

I've never been to a show (Long Beach, Santa Clara, ANA @ SF) where you can't take pictures, so go for it and have fun. If you manage to get either some good coin shots or people on the boards shots please post them.

I've never been to a show (Long Beach, Santa Clara, ANA @ SF) where you can't take pictures, so go for it and have fun. If you manage to get either some good coin shots or people on the boards shots please post them.

Good to know, thanks!