• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

general question

12 posts in this topic

As a novice to this forum, should I delete my posts after a certain amount of time or is this something the administrator does automatically?

thanks

jes

they just kinda sit out there forever.

sometimes you might try to remember a conversation from months ago and do a search on it and find it.

It actually takes remarkably little server space to store all the posts going back to the end of time.

The only time I've seen a problem was on a site were one thread had over 10,000 posts.

NGC's software system will not allow you to edit a post after a certain amount of time, which I believe might be 48 hours, so it would be impossible for you to edit older posts. However, I do not know if they allow you to delete the post in its entirety. Regardless, I see no real benefit in deleting old posts.

Thanks for your input gentlemen. I did not want to be wasteful of storage space nor be an ingrate using and not maintaining the proper decorum.

jes

Images hosted by other services, ie; Photobucket, can be deleted by the original poster at anytime...deleted images will appear in archived threads as a little box with a red X in the center, but for historical purposes images should remain.

Hint: Be careful what you say/post...previous lible actions have already been taken against generic chat boards and it's members. Not intended to scare you, but bad things can happen at a much later date.

Hint: Be careful what you say/post...previous lible actions have already been taken against generic chat boards and it's members. Not intended to scare you, but bad things can happen at a much later date.

Woody has a wood eye--Woody has a wood eye

Darn it, where's that delete button! blush.gif

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

They will have to stand in a long line behind my other creditors, some of which have been asking me for years "what are your intentions towards this balance."
893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Got it thumbsup2.gif

They will have to stand in a long line behind my other creditors, some of which have been asking me for years "what are your intentions towards this balance."

Note to self: Do not buy anything from Parker! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Chris