• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another $1 Washington photo

5 posts in this topic

I also have received two $1 Wash's with a filled 'S' in the second S in States. I had one with a filled 'D' in United but have misplaced it.I believe quality control has opted out on this run. Total of three rolls(Philadelphia all) with not one worth sending off. oh well. FilledS.jpg

Keep that blobby sucker -- it might be a winner after things settle down a little.

..or you could try to flip it now while interest is high and people are scrambling for error examples, but you might end up kicking yourself later.

You only have a buck invested in it, right?

I am guessing that is not all you have:

I received several dollars exhibiting this blob. Every single one of them also had die clashes on the obverse and reverse. On the reverse, look between the 4th and 5th rays, counting number 1 as the one between her head and arm. There should be an outline of George's face coming out of her head, and the more extreme clashes have his full profile, complete with round areas for his eyes between the $ 1 and her body. On the obverse, look at the right side of George's neck, coming out into the field right under his hair. You should see the imprint of Liberty's cap, looking like a studded collar on George.

Look at your coins, and see if you have these errors. You have nice pictures of the S, so you can probably take good pictures of these also.

I have three of the filled 'blob' coins(for lack of a better term) and none present the die clashes you describe. I utilize a usb microscope and most certainly if something was there I think I would see it.

can you post a photo of the image you have? I would be interested as I feel would most.

thanks

jes