• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

US Mint Fails Again!

34 posts in this topic

It's capitolism.

If someone would rather have a "First Day of Issue" coin than the $30 in their pocket, I will supply them with the coin, because I would rather have the $30.

That is what totally kills me about this "First Strike" *spoon*. The first strikes MAY or MAY NOT have been one of the first one struck, yet still bring a big premium, but the first day coin covers are guaranteed by the US Mint to have been minted on the first day, yet no one will slab them or wants them.......Go figure screwy.gif

MM 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's capitolism.

If someone would rather have a "First Day of Issue" coin than the $30 in their pocket, I will supply them with the coin, because I would rather have the $30.

That is what totally kills me about this "First Strike" *spoon*. The first strikes MAY or MAY NOT have been one of the first one struck, yet still bring a big premium, but the first day coin covers are guaranteed by the US Mint to have been minted on the first day, yet no one will slab them or wants them.......Go figure screwy.gif

MM 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's what makes life interesting!! (and frustrating ...)

You'd be surprised how unaware the public is on these new dollars.

No I wouldn't. I would be surprised if more than 20% of the population knows about them. I would be surprised if more than 60% know about the Sac dollar.

And Madmorgan, don't blame the Mint Director either. He has no choice but to strike what Congress orders him to, and this director wasn't even in office when the President dollar was legislated into existance.

Or First Day Issue 1976 $2 Bills with a Postmark and Stamp?

I've seen those... but I don't think that was done by BEP/Treasury. I think other groups, like the Postal Commemorative Society, did that.

Scott hi.gif

AFAIK, they were done by individuals and possibly the Postal Commem Society.

Think of it - if TPG was around then....

PMG First Printing!