• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Indian Head 10 Dollar Gold Eagle just added to my DANSCO 7070

11 posts in this topic

Hi, All

I am glad to add this 1910-D Augustus Saint-Gaudens designed 10 dollar gold eagle. This is the "IGWT" reverse type.

wgt. 16.7180g, 0.9000 gold, 0.4839 oz. AGW, 27mm.

Another hole is filled! grin.gif

AAJ

10dg.jpg

10dgr.jpg

one of the more beautiful popular gold coins out there thumbsup2.gif

bring back this indian ten with the 2007 date on it

cloud9.gif

also a better date to boot with good eye appeal893applaud-thumb.gif

a great coin for an advanced classic gold type set

Beautiful (if culturally incorrect) coin. I'm working on the 1¢ coins for my 20th century type set now ... I have a LOOOOONG ways to go before I get to gold, but it's posts like this that make me want to keep chugging along!

Hi, All

Thank everyone for your kind words. cloud9.gif

MikeInFL "What's next"

I am looking for an 1896 Coronet Head $10.00 dollar gold eagle! in MS61 or MS62.

jom

"Wow...those fit in a Dansco? I didn't know that. I thought those would be too thick...."

Yes, one has to buy the gold coin page as an addition to the DANSCO 7070!

The gold coin page includes $1. gold thru $20. Double Eagles grin.gif

AAJ

This is my favorite ASG gold issue, though I believe most other folks would not agree with that assessment.

The first time I saw the design when I was a kid, I thought it was beautiful. After I read the critiques calling it an unrealistic portrait of a Native American and saying the eagle looked more like a chicken, I liked the Indian half and quarter eagles more. Screw the critics-- it's still a nice design.