• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prices for a bunch of UNC. wheats??

4 posts in this topic

I was looking into getting some more nice red wheats for my son's dansco set. What would be a fair market price for 1935pds-1939pds MS60+, 1940pds-1949pds MS60+, 1950pds-1954pds MS60+ basically all coins right from OBW rolls is what I am looking for and was wondering what I should expect to spend thanks.

I definitely wouldn't pay more than $100 for a mixed roll if they were all MS60RDs. A mixed roll of 63RDs might fetch up to $300 for those dates, but I would expect to find quite a few 61s/62s in that roll so I would be inclined to offer half of that. The best resource would probably be at a local show with a trustworthy dealer.

Some of the early ones are going to add up fast. The 35-S is probably a $30 coin. Going into the 40's and 50's, most will probably run $5 to $10 each.

Keep in mind that over the years they will turn RB and some to Brown. Albums are tough on red copper. Just my first thought. smile.gif

Some of the early ones are going to add up fast. The 35-S is probably a $30 coin. Going into the 40's and 50's, most will probably run $5 to $10 each.

Keep in mind that over the years they will turn RB and some to Brown. Albums are tough on red copper. Just my first thought. smile.gif

Yes, the 35S would be the 'priciest' out of the bunch @ MS63 I wouldn't expect to pay much more than $12ea. for it raw, considering a slabbed 35S MS65RD can be had on a semi-regular basis for about $36-$40. The rest of the dates/mints are about half that price at MS63 raw. I've never searched the market for true Federal OBW rolls, but I would suspect they would be tough to find, if not impossible in some cases, in each date/mint and would command a higher price.