• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What You Need to Know Posts: Is anyone working on any?

12 posts in this topic

The last WYNTK post I see is my own one from December of last year (someone needs to archive it).

Isn't anyone working on a good WYNTK post? I'd hate to see this useful series die! Let's have some volunteers get started on some articles. We've got a good number of experts here. C'mon! C'mon! C'mon!

Michael---- Over the past couple of months I have had several people working on various interesting ideas. But, for one reason or another, they haven't finished or followed through on their ideas.

Many times I have openly sought knowledgable people to write and to post. It is a simple matter to PM me with an idea. But folks just have not followed up on their generosity. It takes time and effort to share your knowledge.

Again, I would take this opportunity to invite the knowledgable folks to share their knowledge about a specific interest they may have with the rest of us. It will then be archived by ARCH for all of us to have for future reference. Just PM me and tell me what you want to talk about.

As for me, I will be working on more about Walkers. I currently have 57 MS Walkers at NGC for grading. My story----completing my Registry Set---will follow in about 6--8 weeks----depending on when my coins arrive back home to me from NGC. Bob [supertooth]

I know that there have a lot of posts etc about coin photography but I still would like to see more. I am trying to learn and thanks to people like MikeinFL have come a long way. So many of you take such great shots. I'd love to see more set-ups, lens types etc etc.

Just my very lowly, humble and meaningless opinion

My last one was an unmitigated disaster - the one that blew up to about a hundred posts of bickering and arguing (mostly on my and Newmismatist's part). It never did get moved to the WYNTK area, nor did the repaired version of that thread, so I haven't been inspired to actually sit down and do another, though I've though of several subjects (including some imaging tips) to do some on.

I know that there have a lot of posts etc about coin photography but I still would like to see more. I am trying to learn and thanks to people like MikeinFL have come a long way. So many of you take such great shots. I'd love to see more set-ups, lens types etc etc.

Just my very lowly, humble and meaningless opinion

Michael made a fantastic "what you need to know" on this...

My opinion, and that is just what it is, is that with the WYNTK posts in their own forum and with so little posting activity done by other members on those threads it makes it seem like no one is reading them. Therefore, it might be easy to question their value to those who spend significant time writing, imaging and producing them. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Tom, going by the "views" count, it does indeed seem like some of those posts are much more popular than others. Perhaps, rather than discouraging others from contributing, those view counts could serve to direct others towards where the interest of the forums lie. That would enable future endeavors to be better planned and executed.

Astrostu, I've considered writing a WYNTK on SBA dollars on more than one occasion, but the simple fact is, SmallDollars.com has given the subject a more comprehensive treatment than I could ever hope to duplicate over here. I just don't think it would be worth the effort.

Traderguys, Winstonware - As I mentioned to TG earlier this morning, I intend to continue to occasionally update the WYNTK on coin photography technique. Frankly, it's just a lot of work going back through years of posts and I haven't had the time, what with my graduate work. Winston - Thanks for the compliment smile.gif

I will. I just hope it won't dissolve into another steaming, fetid mass of pointless bickering (much of which was my own fault).

What are you going to write about James? I want to get my arguments ready ahead of time. devil.gif