• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bowers and Merena email offering $100 if you consign

3 posts in this topic

In an email I just recieved They say:

"...and you can use the $100 “Bowers Bucks” coupon to reduce your seller’s fee..."

What???!!!

You mean if I consign my coins to them they won't just drop that stupid 5% fee everyone likes to skim off my coins???

Isn't the 15% they get from the buyer ENOUGH????!!!!!

Teletrade who I believe is owned by the same group runs similar promotions. Teletrade is a cheaper to consign to than the larger firms, but I'm not sure how worthwhile it is to consign to them or B&M. For Teletrade at least, I do not see much of a compelling reason to buy from them. They do not usually offer anything that you can't find anywhere else.

This is why I much prefer to deal with smaller firms, and I haven't consigned to the big guys like Heritage and Superior in a few years. Locally, Scotsman does a great job for me, and they kindly agreed to a zero% sellers fee.

Support your local guys when you can.