• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1811 Bust Half, please guess grade and Overton number

15 posts in this topic

I just got this 1811 from David Lawrence (first time I got a coin from there).

It's in an ICG holder (first time for that too) with a black background (any comments?).

Please excuse my hasty photographs, but I'd appreciate your input on what you think it should grade, and this is easy...guess the Overton number!

1607163-1811obv.JPG

1607167-1811reverse.JPG

Hey Mike. That is a nice variety.

I would say the coin is in the VF range of numbers.

This variety is a nice one in a little better grade because you can see the crack into the left wing more clearly--making it a little more dramatic. Yours is nice and clean and I would love to own her.

thanks for the input, and of course, yes, it's an O-109.

ICG graded it at VF30, which I think is pretty much on the nose.

I never had an ICG coin and thought the backgrounds were white, not black, like this one.

I took a couple of more pics, it's a dark coin so I flooded the coin with two reveal bulbs and this is what I got, unretouched.

Don't you hate it when you've taken a whole bunch of pictures and that piece of lint that falls on the surface shows up in your clearest shots???!!!!

1607632-1811obverse2.JPG

1607634-1811reverse2.JPG

I think this one shows up the crack pretty well.

edited to add: and you can see the notched 13th star that was supposedly Reich's 'signature' really well too !!!

If the background is black it is one of ICG's Intercept Shield Slabs. This was suppose to protect the coin from environmental damage and toning. This option was $5.00 extra. I don't think ICG offers this option anymore.