• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the 'bay looks a tad soft these days.....

6 posts in this topic

...at least for the craptastic stuff I just spent the last hour looking at. However, on the off chance that something nice DOES become available, there still seems to be strong bidders out there...up to a point. I do note that Anaconda still has their XF '93 Chain cent up....what happened to the MS Chain they had for a mere {I think] 140K...note heavy sarcasm here... takeit.gif

I haven't seen any MS Conder, Hard Times, or Civil War tokens with luster on the bay. Not sure if I missed some but, if there are any, they don't seem to be coming up when I'm looking. Of course, I have seen some here but those aren't for sale wink.gif

I've also noticed for some time now that eBay seems to be becoming a clearing house for "problem children" and low-grade material. A couple of years ago, even this stuff would at least move. Over the past 6-8 months I've noticed a definite swing away from bidding on low-end material and most of it just seems to go off with no bids or nominal money.

I've started to notice that the other end of the spectrum seems to be affected as well. Very nice high end material is sitting for quite some time. I think this market it much different than the other end though as the "big-boys" may be using eBay for advertisement as anything else...I could certainly be wrong here. Most high end stuff is at shows anyway and I could never figure out why a top flight organization would put material up for sale on eBay in the first place.

The nicer middle-of-the-road coins in strong VF to high AU seems to be where the dollars are being spent these days. Perhaps previously low-end collectors have wised up to the value in this area? ...or... perhaps the high dollar spenders don't have the bucks to spend...or...maybe there's other market forces at play.

L