• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What does a Dealer Pay for a Roll of 2007 Silver Eagles

4 posts in this topic

Just curious when a dealer buys Mondo Box of Silver Eagles what his Actual cost is per Roll. Is a percentage over Spot ???

Just curious if the Roll I got for my "Complete ASE Roll Collection" is a good deal or not. $295 delivered ???

m

Silver spot price is $13.05 as I type this. For 20 1 ounce coins, it is $261. $295 "delivered" is $34 over spot or 13% over spot with shipping. Estimate $7 for shipping (with insurance), that is $27 over spot or 10.3% over spot.

IMHO, below 15% over spot price is a good deal. But 13% over spot with shipping is a great deal. If you don't buy it, give me the contact information for the dealer and I will buy the roll!

Scott hi.gif

If Silver Spot is $13.05, the major distributors that buy directly from the mint are having to pay $14.30 or $286 a roll plus shipping. (I have no idea what the shipping is on a 50,000 oz minnimum order) If they make twenty five cents a coin profit (< 2%) that makes the rolls $291. You got yours for $295 delivered. Doesn't sound like a bad deal to me. Especially since you probably didn't get them from a primary distributor.