• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone know or has anyone heard of Auction Houses ...

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of Auction firms giving you final approval on both the photographs and the writeup of the coins you put up for auction? Will they do that? Can they do that? Have they done that?

Does anyone know of Auction firms giving a few consignors final approval on both the photographs and the writeup of the coins you put up for auction? YES

Will they do that? possibly..................

Can they do that? of course

Have they done that? oh yes

it all depends

on the coins

the value thereof

and who you know at the company

Does anyone know of Auction firms giving you final approval on both the photographs and the writeup of the coins you put up for auction? Will they do that? Can they do that? Have they done that?

Scotsman has actually allowed me to write most of my own auction descriptions (though they reserve the right to have final say on grading of un-certified coins). However, I haven't asked them about using my images (theirs are generally pretty good).

I have sold approximately 30 coins through Scotsman over the past four or five years. They are easy to work with.

Scotsman Auctions

Please note that other than auctioning coins through their firm, I have no affiliation whatsoever with them, or any of their representatives.