• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Image of George Washington $1 Coin

33 posts in this topic

I'm not sure which is a a more depressing statment of their lack of knowledge, fast food workers who can't recognize twos and report the user to polices for passing counterfeits, or fast food workers who accept $200 bills with George W Bush's portrait on them as real and give change for them. (Real event that has happened at least twice. The first time, Jan 28 2001 in Danville, KY, and apparently the second was a Food Lion grocery in Roanoke, NC Sept 6 2003.)

I think the SOL side looks better than I expected it to. I didn't like it in the draws much at all. George on the other hand looks much worse than I expected, and I wasn't expecting much. Looks very flat and washed out.

Yea, verily. If that's what the obverse really looks like, I'm disappointed. Liberty looks fine.

The up side is that they're cheaper than Mint medals of the Presidents (even if they are uglier). Once my kids finish school and their history lessons I can take the coins out of their folders and spend them on beer.

Nice catch!

"We are such stuff as urban legends are made of."

(With apologies to WS and Prospero.)