• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Have Determined That CU has Become the 'Ebay' of Forums

73 posts in this topic

yawn....

Could you be more specific? There's like 6 different topics going on in this thread. grin.gif

Yawn, yawn, yawn, yawn, yawn, yawn!!

yawn....

Could you be more specific? There's like 6 different topics going on in this thread. grin.gif

Yawn, yawn, yawn, yawn, yawn, yawn!!

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Everybody here does understand that every computer/moniter system do not reproduce the same pictures...nationwide. For what it's worth, I have three computers running and each will show a different image in color, contrast and brightness of the same coin in it's auction. So if you get a coin in the mail and it doesn't look exactly like the one in the auction, there are many varibles taking place to cause the indifference. Scanners, camera's, the sellers setup, you name it and it's likely the problem. Just about the only thing that you can bet your arse on is death and taxes, I mean the grade or condition of the coin, that is if the image is sharp and large enough to see the marks. But of course that doesn't matter for most registry people (and now for a little twist), they only need pictures big enough to see the MS grade on the slab before buying. insane.gif27_laughing.gif

Leo

Greg, I really don't want to get into a long drag out here, but the bottom line is I was discussing photo manipulation in general, and TBT saw fit to start telling me I was being mean and nasty via PMs. I don't think anyone can honestly say that there is not a lot of it going on, not only on eBay, but with large companies such as Superior. Now if some of you have bought from him and like his coins, that's is fine. But I'll tell you this much, I would never bid on a toned coin from a seller who charges a 10% restocking fee.

As far as the seven people who contacted me privately, the specifically requested that they remain anonymous, for obvious reasons. Some of the dealers on these board have become a little over sensitive to criticism, even when it is not directed at them personally.

• Administrator
Greg, many of us know about this board and in fact are signed up. The problem for me is I really don't care for this message board layout, and it is much slower on a dialup than CU's. The fact that I don't post much over here is due to those factors, not who is on which board or how many OT posts there are.

Actually, I'm not sure when you tested this last, but you may want to give it another run. We've had two changes to our systems that may have a noticeable impact on speed for dial up users. First, we move the boards a while back to a dedicated server. That should have improved speed for everyone. Second, we enabled something called "zlib compression" for which there's a big gooey technical explanation - but the short version is that it makes dial up users go faster.

You might want to check again.

The layout thing, I think, is largely a matter of getting used to the format. Personally, I've always found that the ability to have the system know what you've read and what you haven't and jump you straight to the new posts is so hugely useful that it outshines any other considerations. Although, of course, all of that ultimately comes down to personal preference.

Arch

Arch, I am familiar with the various forms of compression. You may be right, the last couple of days this board has been responding pretty quickly.

One question I have is what happened to the email notification when a reply is made? That seems to have disappeared.

One other thing I would like to point out is there seems to be a lot of the "us vs. them" going on. Actually, when it comes to my grading company of choice, in the last six months I have submitted 232 coins to NGC, and only 3 to PCGS. NGC's customer service blows the people across the street away, I actually get answers when I call.

One question I have is what happened to the email notification when a reply is made? That seems to have disappeared.

You can set a thread as a "favorite" thread, and you will get e-mailed if the thread gets a reply. But if someone replys to you (or anyone else) and the thread isn't in the favorite list, no e-mail notification.

893offtopic1.gifHey Deputy Kid, is Sheriff Cameron off duty and you are allowed to carry on with these OT's over here! Most of the replies here are makings of your own over there! As long as you promote it, it continues to thrive. If the Kid and Cameron didn't post OT complaints and all you other members didn't keep fanning the fire, things would change as the posts you are complaining about would die from a lack of response! Like this thread, we feed it, it GROWS!! 893offtopic1.gif

"6) ACG and/or NTC and/or PCI sucks."

ICG has been declared sucky too. Apparently, it takes months of experience collecting Kennedy halves to make that determination tongue.gif Oh, and don't forget TruGrade, which sux because it was started by ex-ACG graders... the fact that ICG was started by ex-PCGS graders is irrelevant, though. Not sure why, it just is. Because Eric says so, I guess laugh.gif

Well said! He doesn't come close to getting the point.

One more thing Pat, there are seven people over on CU who tell me his coins DID NOT look like the images, and that he was difficult in working with to return the coins. How many coins have you bought from him?

Like I said earlier, I didn't want to get into a direct confrontation, but apparently his guilty conscience got the better of him.

You come here in an attempt to dafame a respected seller of toned coinage. You attempt to do so by hiding behind anonymous sources. You live to get into direct confrontation!! Your combative style is boring over there and it is boring over here. If you want to have those 7 CU people come here and state their position about their transactions, then that would be fine. However, if there is no one willling to confirm your allegations, then please don't make your contentious statements on this forum! TBT's coins are respected here. Your allegations, based upon no known facts, are not welcome here.

I would suggest you speak for yourself. Anonymous user name? I don't think so. I am not going to rehash what I have already stated, but I stand behind it. If you don't like it, well then, that is too bad.